- picking up my little puppy, who I miss even more after catching the second half of Marley and Me
- being all obnoxious and cuddly con uno muchacho
- watching yet another epic episode of True Blood
sleeping inwaking up early to do laundry for the first time in weeks
- working towards a 4-day weekend
Life is good. (Free wi-fi in SFO is better.)
This is why, after next week, I will have worked 21 days without a weekend/day off/moment to breathe.
In case you needed more of a visual, my boss is a 69 year old industry legend who, on any other day, considers it Hawaiian Shirt Day.
Jake, after the preview for Skyline, complaining about the plights of living in a big city.
Of the (very) few things I don’t like about L.A., being the possible site of an alien invasion never came up as one of them.
By 9am today, I had:
- swam laps at the gym*
- housesat/watered plants/fed the abominable cat for one of my bosses (and took 3 tomatoes from his plant… which is how I’m being paid for housesitting)
- went to Whole Foods to buy some non-shitty food for this weekend’s work trip
2 years ago, I would’ve laughed in your face if you requested my presence before noon (I never had a class before 11am all 4 years of college… and even that was early).
P.S. Swimming is the best time-strapped workout ever. I felt more worn out after 20 minutes in the pool than I have after 20 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes with my trainer combined.
*Hey Michael Phelps’ Brazilian cousin… stop making me look bad with your endless laps of butterflies. I’m struggling through freestyle. Also… your speedo told me more about you than I could learn on a first date. Thanks.
Part of an e-mail I received earlier today.
I think as far as excuses go, we can move this one to the “valid” column.
- Jake: So are we going to see a movie or are we staying in?
- Jake: Or are we going to shoot a movie, edit it on our Macs, and then screen it?
- Jake: All I'm saying is, my iPhone has a good camera.
- Me: Sorry. I do HD only.